10.02.2005

Prodigal me

Your love is something I cannot fathom,
What is this thing called grace?
I am the soldier.
I spit at you, mock you, beat you,
You smile and call me Your bride.
Is there anything I could do to make you turn away?
Everyday I put things before you,
Things that for an instant satisfy.
When they are gone, and they will always leave,
I'm left broken, hopeless, empty.
And yet, you look at me with loving eyes;
You cant wait for me to come home,
Home to your forgiving arms so that you may
Once again whisper your wonders in my unworthy ear.
I don't want to leave.
I'm sick of falling.
I'm sick of belittling your name.
Why cant I just stay?
Why do I always pull away?
A shiny pleasure catches my eye and I'm gone.
Away from the only place where fullness lies.
How is it so easy?
How can I love you so much and then turn away so quickly?
How do I so quickly forget?
I know I can never love you like I should,
But I want to.
I want to with every fiber of my being.
I want to learn from you and walk with you,
Laughing and loving and living together,
The way its supposed to be.
Lord, all of me wants all of you.
Only you.
Forever.
Draw me to your heart.
Make me the lover I'm designed to be.
Wash me clean.
Your spotless bride,
She wants her groom.
Her heart is yours.

No comments: